Friday, September 17, 2010

Vindication


Saw this image on eBay tonight, courtesy of someone selling a vintage Hot Wheels Mercedes Benz C-111 still in the package. The seller probably included this particular shot to show the date on the package, but what I immediately noticed was the warning not to oil the wheels and axles of the cars. The full message reads: "DO NOT OIL WHEELS AND AXLES! They are permanently lubricated. Ordinary oils will harm them." So I was right all those years ago to tell my brother I wanted no part of his plan to oil the wheels of his cars to make them roll faster. At the time, I was afraid it might be harmful to them in the long run, and now it appears that I was correct. Knowing that my concerns were valid, and that I did the right thing to protect my cars is of some consolation.

No comments:

Post a Comment