Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Nissan Fetish


Apparently I like Nissans. A lot. I currently own 4 Hot Wheels Nissan GT-Rs and I'm not sure how it happened. Actually, that's not true. I know exactly how it happened. It all started when I was scouting the toy section of a local Big Lots for cars. That's when I spotted a white Nissan GT-R. Initially I wasn't thrilled with the white color, but the more I looked at it, the more I began to feel that it was actually quite striking. The details stood out better than they would have on most other colors, and I did once decide that if I ever owned a sports car, I'd want one in white. So, fearing that I might not find another GT-R elsewhere, I bought it. Then I drove to a nearby Kmart where I immediately came across one in red, my favorite color. D'oh! But I resisted the urge to buy that one. I didn't need two. When I returned home, I researched the available colors online and quickly determined that my earlier decision had been the correct one. The car looked better in white. The only color that I liked even better was silver, and what were the chances of finding one of those?

So naturally a few weeks later, I happened across a silver one at a Walmart. Double d'oh! And of course I had no choice but to buy it since I had already determined that I liked that color better.

Not long after that I found one in black which I wouldn't have purchased except for the fact that it was a 2010 release and the others had been 2009 cars. My rules (as constantly changing as they are) allow me to purchase the same casting, even if I don't like the color as much, so long as it is from a different year. Well heck. Now I had three of them. I might as well go ahead and buy the red one too, providing they still had it the next time I was in Kmart. And of course they did. Now the only color I don't have the Nissan GT-R in is the burnt orange "Speed Machines" version. If I ever catch myself glancing at one of those, I'll be sure to listen to that inner voice saying, "Don't even think about it."

1 comment:

  1. Nice GTRs! Where did you find the Fresh Metal car transporter truck?

    ReplyDelete